This recipe is adapted from one of our blogger icons- the one and only Sisi Yemmie!!!
Getting the perfect round puff puff is an art that I’ll admit I haven’t yet mastered.. but we will continue to practice! Where there is a will there is a way..right?
I woke up one Saturday morning craving puff puff.. seriously it was the first thing in my mind that morning. I texted my friends asking if they knew anywhere I can get puff puff in the area.. no one did. So I said.. if I cannot get puff puff, I will make my own Today! I quickly went in search of a recipe and then dragged myself to the grocery store in search of yeast (the only ingredient I did not already have). A few hours later and voila!!
Now there are many ways that people make puff puff…- I am a beginner so I opted for the simplest recipe I could find, then further simplified it 🙈… but trust me when I say, these tasted amazing!! Cravings definitely satisfied!!! 😋😋
You will need:
- 2 cups (250g) of Flour
- 2 cups of lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons of instant yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (flour, yeast, sugar, salt)
- Add lukewarm water and mix well
- Cover the bowl with a napkin/ kitchen towel and leave in a warm area (oven or microwave) for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes, your mixture should have doubled in size!!
- Heat up oil in a large pot
- When ready, use a spoon to scoop and drop mixture into the hot oil
- Once the bottom of the puff puff turns a golden brown, flip the ball so that the top can be fried also
- When you get the golden brown colour all the way around, transfer the puff puff to a sieve to drain