So, last weekend I did a 3 Day juice cleanse with JuiceBecuase and I didn’t die. I was originally nervous because I love eating and I just didn’t think it was possible for me to eat nothing for 3 days and be okay, turn out I was wrong!
My original motivation for the juice cleanse was to reset my body. I was eating badly, never exercising and I felt exhausted all the time! My body need a system reset!
I got my juices from JuiceBecuase, a local Calgary business who make the juices fresh the day of pick up. I would highly recommend them if you are in the area. They were SOO nice, the juices were delicious and they do sales on Instagram so you don’t have to go bankrupt trying to get your life on track.
The cleanse works like this. You drink 6 juices a day, one every 2 hours, for 3 days and you eat NOTHING! Their website tells you exactly what is in the juices and what they do for your body.
- You feel great – I genuinely feel a lot healthier, stronger and more alert than I did before. Also people say that you get tired during the cleanse but I didn’t experience this. I would honestly forget that I was doing a cleanse until I saw other people eating.
- They taste great – the juices are truly delicious and my favourite part of the day was drinking Norman!
- You look great – I had started to put on a little winter weight and it was not a cute look for me. The cleanse melted that off. This weight-loss is only sustainable if I maintain a healthy lifestyle but it’s nice to not be a chubber, even if it is only for a week.
- The cost – the cleanse is $190 CAD which is a bit pricey, but for the quality of the juices I would say it was worth it. Also they do lots of sales throughout the year!
- The bathroom breaks – downing a 600 ml juice every 2 hours is a lot! You spend majority of your day peeing. Its wild!
- The social aspect – You can’t do social food related things for 3 days. I have never been more aware of how much food is a centre piece of socializing. The number of times I had to turn down food or go out just to watch my friends eat was crazy for just 3 days!
Overall I would recommend this cleanse. The first day is hard because it’s weird not eating but as the days go on it becomes routine. When I started eating again, I felt a little sad that I had to chew and I couldn’t just guzzle down my lemon and cayenne pepper juice.
Check out their website and Instagram page! Tell them we sent you 🙂